Friday, January 30, 2009

TRUJILLO

I appologixe in advance for typos, this key board is shitty.

SO we made it here safely, and have been workign and relaxing for almost a week! Yesterday and today, we worked on a water filtration tank in san martin. THe guys that we work with are great, adn they all have very funny names. Vidal is the leader, and looks kind of like wyclef, and the others are Darwin, Giovanni, and Walter. They are great, but they think that we are babies, so they make us sit in the shade a lot and drink water and coke.

Our spanish is getting better every day. I can understand most things, but am having a very hard time speaking. Colleen is slowly catching on, and alex and emily are trying too. We have posted cards all over our room (which is very cozy) with spanish words on them so that we can learn.

We hasve lots of work ahead of us, but every day is a great adventure.
We have made soo many friends in trujillo, and we today we met a guy from Oregon who works at Finca Del Ninos, which is an orphanage in christales. We may try and go help out there on one of our days off.

Sorry I cant write all that ,uch, it is getting dark and we need to go back to the hotel. I will write much more later on, with much better description. I was sooo rushed! Hopefully i can get some pictures up as well.

If anyone want s to sen dme anything (THE NEW YORK TIMES)
they can address it to

Room 208
Christopher Columbus Beach Hotel
Trujillo, Colon
Honduras

Hope all is well in the US

Love

Z

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Zari! Awesome idea to make a blog of this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally updated!!! I kept checking! I leave tomorrow morning! Kepp up with my blog too! Miss you tons, send everyone my love!!!

    ReplyDelete