Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 1

Hola!
THis last week has been crazy! We have been trying to figure out what to do with the $1200 that we raised last year for our school Buenos Aires. There was a huge fight about what to do with the money among the teachers and the rotarians. Some people thought they needed a new roof, others thought a playground would be good. I was on the roof side personally, but anyways... I guess the teachers came to a concensus that they wanted a playgound, so here we are. We are building one super cool structure with slides and a climbing wall and stuff, and then we bought a pretty standard swingset too. Everyone is very excited about it.

About 4 days ago I woke up with a super bad sore throat. I thought i just had a cold, but then my throat started to swell up like crazy, and i couldn´t swallow. So after two days of spitting into a cup every ten seconds, they took me to the doctor. It was kind of scary to be honest, just because there were people sitting there with like fingers falling off and stuff. Basically he just told me I had an infection (laryngitis) and he prescribed me some pills and throat spray. I am feeling a lt better actually, but it still was kind of a bummer.

Last night we went to a new restaurant called casa kiwi. It is a hostel run by a very sweet woman from new zealand. We were all getting a littl esick of honduras food, and there menu was a lot more americanized. It was great to see other people who spoke english and were traveling too, and to read their huge guest book full of hilarious stories. I thnk we will definitely be going back there in the future. If I ever come back to Honduras that is where I will stay.

Thats all for now, we will keep you posted on next weeks happenings!

xo
z

No comments:

Post a Comment